How to Live a Happy and Healthy Lifestyle
(according to me, written with only the most beautifully sarcastic but brutally honest thoughts and truths)
1. Drink water, your body needs it. You're gonna have to pee... a lot. But there's worse things in life than spending a few more minutes in the restroom.
2. Sleep, you need your beauty rest. Ever think about why you're so damn crabby during the day? Or why you have those ridiculous bags under your eyes? Or when you scare the bejesus out of yourself when you look in the mirror for the first time that morning? Get some rest.
3. Laugh often, it may even help you get abs. Let's be honest laughing is fun. So fun! If you don't like a good laugh then wake the heck up.
4. Eat breakfast, it’s the most important meal of the day and it's wonderfully delicious. You want to be skinnier? Skipping meals isn't gonna do it for ya soul sister. You're only slowing down that metabolism of yours.
5. Work on self-reflection because this is your life after all. You're telling me, I have to meditate Alexa? No, but that wouldn't hurt. Just analyze yourself... that mind, body, and soul are quite important to our lives.
6. Stay on top of your goals and reach them. Why set them if you aren't going to do them one day? You want it, go get it.
7. Be more mindful. Be aware of your surroundings. Look past the obvious.
8. Be grateful and appreciate the small things. You have food and shelter. Let's just start with that. Other people don't...
9. Stress less it’s an unneeded worry. I bet if I told you stress could cause over or under eating, acne, lack of motivation, anxiety, sleepless nights, and blah blah blah, you would maybe try to stress less. Well guess what? Stress can cause over or under eating, acne, lack of motivation, anxiety, sleepless nights, and blah blah blah. So stress less folks.
10. Stimulate your brain, it constantly needs to be educated. Find people to challenge you. People that you don't see on the daily. People that aren't your absolute BFFAEAEAE. People that make you think outside the box and vice versa.
11. Be comfortable with being uncomfortable. Shit, this one sucks. Why did I have to write this one down? (stupid, stupid) But it's the truth, so we gotta figure it out.
12. Exercise, your not as old as you think. I think I am old, I really do. But let's be honest, I'm not. My body still functions pretty well. My guess, yours does to. So when you may be a little sore, even a lot a bit sore. Or tired, like reeeallllly tired. Still do something to get your body moving.
13. Edit your life, remove the garbage. Whether that is people, attitudes or unfashionable clothing, say GOOD-BYE. We don't have time for everyone and our closet doesn't have room for all our old must haves.
14. Judge less, go against stereotypes. The eyes you just rolled at the girl for taking a selfie or maybe that guy at the gym posing in the mirror... Probably that kid you made fun of for having a zit or two on their face... Why? What's the damn point? You do you. Focus on that.
15. Don’t procrastinate, you’ll accomplish more of what you actually want to do. Want less stress in your future? Then stop putting off every single task to the very last possible minute. (I've done it, I do it, and it sucks so let's just stop it. Right now.)
16. Stop complaining, because it’s not changing anything. You really think that you complaining about how much money you make is going to make leaves turn into hard cold cash or that your Venmo is going to mysteriously have 1000 extra dollars in it? Wrongo!
17. Take steps of action, or nothing will ever get done. You lazy piece of ass, get up off the couch, watching netflix and eating a pint of ice cream (this very well explains me on occasions). Whatever it may be... stop it and be proactive.
18. Let go and let be. Stop taking all moments in life so seriously. Don't get embarrassed, feel lame, or be a constant worry wart. Dance in your underwear for goodness sake. Sing even louder in the shower so all of your room mates can hear you. Just live.
19. Don’t compare yourself to others, you are you for a reason. Remember that perfection doesn't exist. What?!? I've got to be kidding right? That no matter how pretty, skinny, smart, funny, and just extraordinary, that girl your stalking on instagram is... she still has issues. Trust me, she does. Be okay with being perfectly imperfect. It's a start.
20. Never stop dreaming, because that is just no fun. You know how when you are sleeping and you dream the most vivid dream? The dream that your boyfriend broke up with you so you instantly check your phone. Or the one about someone who is no longer with us and you wake up with tears in your eyes. Maybe the one that your falling off a mountain and your stomach literally drops. If dreams in our sleep can feel this real then there is no need for our actually dreams to not become real. Dream big or you might as well not dream at all. Dreams aren't just meant for sleeping, they are meant for every day life.